This is one of our favorite Halibut recipes and we get lots of requests for it, so, here it is! Enjoy.
Halibut Caddy Ganty
By Lisianski Inlet Lodge
- @ 8-pieces of Alaskan caught Halibut
- 2-cup Sour Cream
- 1-cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 of a large onion chopped
- White Wine for marinating
- Paprika (to sprinkle on top)
- Take Halibut pieces and place them in a rectangular baking dish with enough white wine to cover half the fish. Cover and allow to marinade for several hours. (If you take your Halibut out of the freezer in the morning you can place it in the marinade right away till you are ready to cook.) You can’t over marinate the fish.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sour cream and mayonnaise, (I prefer more sour cream than mayonnaise, you can also substitute yogurt.) Dice the onion, (any color you prefer for flavor or whatever you might have on hand, my personal favorite is red onion) and place in the sour cream mixture. Mix together.
- Take the marinated Halibut pieces and pat each piece dry. Then roll each piece through plain breadcrumbs. Place each breaded piece of Halibut side by side in the clean baking dish. Cover evenly with the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in a preheated 425’ oven. Cook till the Caddy Ganty is bubbling and slightly gold in appearance. About 15 to 20 minutes unless you have a very hot oven. Enjoy!
This recipe has been at our Lodge for many years and has always been a favorite of the Corbin family and our guests. Caddy Ganty is the name of the woman who developed the recipe. She was the wife of the manger of the Pelican General Store many years ago. I hope this recipe becomes a family favorite in your home.
Sincerely, Jana Corbin, Manager
Lisianski Inlet Lodge, Pelican, Alaska